Chair Affairs

Thursday, April 22, 2010

It always starts innocently enough.  Spotted from across the room, attracted by the beautiful shape!  Then what starts as an innocent attraction spirals into a full blown obsession!  Can't stop thinking about it.  I want to take it home and have my way with it.  Oh, I want to see it in so many different fabrics.  My head is spinning - should I do it with the pink ikat, or that sumptuous lime green velvet  or how about one of those sporty graphic prints in a bright kelly green?  And then there are the trims - brass nail heads or contrast welting - (sigh!)  I'm tormented.  





She demands so little yet gives so much!  Need extra seating for an impromptu dinner party?  She is willing to help!




Looking for a quiet spot to do some reading in the bedroom?  She will welcome you with open arms!




How about a perch in the bathroom that just makes you feel sexier?


She never demands a big commitment.  Consider the sofa.  All of that measuring and those bland practical and neutral fabrics.  Not my chair- she takes so little fabric and is so easy to upholster - sometimes I can do it all by myself! (I love that!)




Thank you Tobi Fairley! (via All the Best)


Annsley McAleer






Each of these has seduced me:
Conservatory chair from Anthropologie


Astrid from Anthropologie




Azure chair from Crate and Barrel

Adorable! and practically free from Urban Outfitters (some assembly required :) )




Precious chair, my love grows for you every day!

9 comments:

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Kim, I'm a "chair-obsessed" designer as well. They are like little pieces of sculpture that tuck into a space and just make it better. There are some really fun ones in this post!
Thanks for stopping by!

Emily A. Clark said...

I've had to slow down a little on my chair buying spree (off of Craiglist) for our own house :) Great ones are just hard to pass up, though.

Thanks for visiting my blog; glad to have found yours, as well.

Emily

Unknown said...

Oh, gorgeous chairs! I love chairs, too, I think they are the most interesting furniture! What fun to decide what to do with them! Thanks for stopping by Little Blue Deer, glad I found you and I am following!

Kathysue said...

Sweetie we all have our obsessions and addictions in the design world. I can think of much worse obsessions to have. You just enjoy your sweet chairs, I am about to join you but I already am addicted to pillows, lamps and mirrors. Kathysue

Unknown said...

I can absolutely relate, 100%! I have had that Ikat chair in my inspiration files for quite some time too!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Should we start a support group??

Marija said...

I am right there with you. You would think I have a constant stream of people stopping by - I am always on the quest for additional chairs! Marija

Heather at Satisfying Spaces said...

Great chairs! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I'm just going through your older posts and loving your blog. You really summed it up--it's so distracting!

My very first blog post was titled "Chair Obsession". I'm working on upholstering and painting 3-4 right now.

I'm relieved to know there are others out there like me :)

Julie