Layers and Layers in New York City

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I just had to share these images I found in The New York Social Diary.  This is the apartment of Charles Krewson, a self-taught Interior Decorator based in New York.  The spaces are a mix of collected art, antiques, and family pieces that are casually combined for a comfortable, homey feel.  There's nothing too precious or pretentious, just layers of meaningful stuff.  I think this apartment is all about mood - and I find it completely charming. See what you think.
It's not slick or hip (well ... maybe the coffee table)

Those are Ikea bookcases that Krewson had gold-leafed. The turtle fabric on vintage chair is Donghia.

Krewson has amassed quite an art collection, and it's displayed on every available surface.

More of the art collection is displayed in the hallway.  The rug is from West Elm.

Layers and art in the Master Bedroom.

The night stands are were rescued from a Fraternity House, and they're combined with antique brass sconces.

The carpet in the tv room pays homage to his father's Military service. 

All images courtesy of The New York Social Diary. See more of Charles Krewson's  apartment, click here.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.











12 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not think I have seen a house full of style and mixes like this one. It looks fun!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Wow. Thanks for this post, Kim. Not only did I love studying his style, but the link to the NY Social Dairy was great. What a read. Always love your blog :)

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I will always love a home filled with art and books, even when there is a little more color than I like :)

Barbara@HausDesign said...

I always admire a home full of art - even if it is overflowing with it! It reflects what appears to be a very curious, fascinating person!

Albertina said...

I love this apartment...so much history there...you can tell he has been collecting everything forever and that everything has meaning. And there are some different ideas here...not your typical pinterest shot. Great find!

Melissah from Scrapbook said...

I love the unexpected combination of patterns and colours!
I just stumbled across your lovely blog - I look forward to popping back for some more design inspiration. I just signed up as your latest follower!
x
Melissah

My Interior Life said...

Wow! Love these layers so much. I'm off to pin!

Carla Aston said...

Such an interesting, personal space. Those nightstands were in a frat house?

Fabulously Blairsville said...

Thanks for showing this it is amazing. Perfectly my style. Yeah!!!

Unknown said...

hi Kim, This is sure an eclectic mix, but it works! It's very inventive- Hope all is well.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Junell said...

Love how real it looks. The juxtaposition of the furnishings is inviting & not so overly staged. Great post!

Haus and Home said...

Lots of great colors down to the coast guard carpet.